How do you plan to use your Lenovo ThinkPad?
Once you’ve determined your needs and budget, identifying a suitable Lenovo ThinkPad series becomes easy.
Lenovo series to choose from:
● X1 series is a line-up of high-end Lenovo laptops consisting of convertible, mainstream, ultralight and foldable models. Best for those who travel.
● T Series is a pretty heavy machine that comes loaded with technology for professionals and businesses to use. These work best as stationary workstations.
● L series is an entry-level mainstream computer. Best for startups.
● E Series is an affordable option offering strong performance for small and medium-sized businesses.
● The ThinkPad Yoga series features a business laptop designed for mobility
● Z series is the newest range the Lenovo brand has to offer. It’s more focused on younger business customers.
Broadly, laptops can be categorized into:
● Entry-level laptops: Low price, decent performance, suffice for standard work tasks
● Mainstream laptops: Moderately priced, premium specifications, good battery life
● Premium laptops: Improved performance over mainstream machines, good for power users
● 2-in-1 laptops: Keyboard can be flipped to use the device as a tablet, expensive
● Ultrabooks: Compact and extra-lightweight notebook
● Business laptops: Expensive, professionally-oriented software packages, latest security features
● Gaming laptops: High-end intel core processor and graphics chip, loads of RAM (memory), bulky
What kind of ports do you want?
Will HDMI suffice or do you want advanced ports? Newer versions of Lenovo ThinkPad come with advanced and versatile USB ports like Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C.
They can connect to a wider range of devices and accessories. These include displays, GPU accelerators, hard drive devices, analogue and digital audio.
Do you plan on taking your ThinkPad on work trips?
Lightweight ThinkPad models like Yoga and X1 are extremely portable, while slightly heavier ones like the T Series are better suited to workstations only. Pay attention to device weight, ease of storage and portability when choosing between different ThinkPad machines.