A webcam, as the name suggests, is a camera that is designed for computers. They can either be built directly into the device, or they can be stand-alone, meaning that they can be added to the device. When attached to a computer, a webcam allows you to capture video and still images. While they can be used for a variety of activities, they’re most commonly used with live-streaming video software applications, such as Zoom, Skype, and Google Meet.
While webcams have been around for a long time, in recent years, they have become vital PC components. They make it easy to connect with others online, allowing you to communicate with others virtually anywhere in the world for things like business meetings, online learning, and simply for chatting with loved ones.
Buy Webcam for Sale
If you’re looking for a webcam for sale in South Africa, you’ve come to the right place! At PC International, the top-rated IT supplier in South Africa, we offer a large selection of the highest quality webcams for the same from the best manufacturers in the industry. On the pages of our online store, you’ll find an assortment of options that boast an array of features, and all for an affordable price. Our products ship nationwide, and we offer same-day and next-day shipping; plus, our webcams are backed with best-in-class warranties. Whether you’re looking for a webcam for business meetings or to connect with friends and family, you can rest assured that you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at PC International.
How to Choose a Webcam
While they may seem like pretty simple tools, there are so many different webcams on the market, and they can boast a variety of features. With so many options available, trying to determine which webcam to choose can seem like a daunting task; however, by taking the following factors into consideration, you’ll have an easier time finding the right option to best meet your needs.
- Resolution. First and foremost, you’re going to want to consider the resolution, as this has a direct impact on the quality of the webcam. A lot of webcams capture high-definition videos, which is suitable for uploading videos to YouTube; however, if you want to capture the best quality images possible, an Ultra HD webcam would be a better choice, as they capture super-clear resolution.
- Frame rate. Also known as the refresh rate, the frame rate is an important factor to consider when you’re shopping for a webcam. Frame rates are measured in units that are referred to as “frames-per-second”. A good webcam will have a frame rate of a minimum of 30 frames-per-second; anything lower than that is considered outdated, as the images will appear to vibrate and will be unclear.
- The lens. The best webcams feature glass lenses; however, they’re more expensive. Plastic lenses cost less, but the images they capture aren’t as clear. If you are planning on using a webcam for a casual chat over Skype or Zoom, then a glass lens should do the trick; but, if you are looking to create professional-quality videos, then spending the extra money on a glass lens would be a worthwhile investment.
- Wide angle. For video conferencing purposes, a webcam that features a wide-angle lens with at least a 90-degree range is a must; anything lower than this won’t capture all participants in your meetings or images in the background.
- Auto light correction. If you will be recording in a space where the lighting is less-than-ideal, a webcam that features auto-light correction would be a good investment. This feature immediately detects and corrects poor lighting while you’re holding your video calls so that your images will come through clearer.
- Audio performance. The majority of webcams today come with built-in microphones. The best options also offer features that enhance sound quality, such as noise-reduction technology.
- Privacy cover. If you want to ensure privacy, investing in a webcam that features a built-in privacy cover is a must. When the device is turned off, you can flip down the cover, which will prevent the risk of having prying eyes spy on you.
- Wired or wireless. You’ll also want to determine if you’d like a wired or a wireless webcam. While a wired camera is more reliable and is better suited for larger systems, it won’t be as portable. If you’re planning on recording in different locations, a wireless webcam offers more flexibility.
Find the Best Webcams for Sale at PC International
By taking the above-mentioned factors into consideration before you start shopping, you will be able to find the right webcam to suit your unique needs. At PC International, we offer the largest selection of webcams from the best manufactures in the industry – and for the most affordable prices. If looking for a high-quality, feature-rich webcam that won’t break the budget, be sure to browse through our site.